Featured in Premier Bride
Watching the set up on our wedding day was truly amazing. It was amazing to see all the vendors’ hard work come together. A HUGE part of watching everything transform was the florals. Mary Jo + Atmospheric Floral completely delivered on our vision and more. She turned our venue into a whimsical yet timeless rainforest that will forever hold a special place in my heart. – Ally E.
Ally and Nate love plants and have their home filled with them. This is the first thing I learned about them and I knew immediately that we were kindred spirits.
The Cooperage is beloved for its lush potted plants, so delicious against the cream city brick walls of the space. Is it a surprise that they chose this space for their most important day? With the guided inspiration of Alex of Midwestern Bride, Ally + Nathan decided to amplify the greenery already there, infuse it with pops of teal and orange, and create a tropical rainforest experience for their wedding at the Cooperage. It all came together like a dream.
I felt extremely luck to work with Midwestern Bride to help me with a style board -despite me feeling like I had a “sense of style,” it’s hard to make it come to life when you’re not familiar with what is out there. Specifically regarding florals, I knew I wanted greenery that was both tropical without being “too much” and timeless. I knew I wanted my bouquet to be all white and a statement 🙂 – Ally
I loved how the cascading phalaenopsis orchids echoed the tropical feel while distinguishing themselves as top shelf focals, reserved for the bride only. The ‘maids carried bouquets of mixed greenery in a symphony of green tones and delightful poppy pods, making them the perfect complement to the gents clad in stunning forest green suits. Forest green! Dark enough to read like black from afar, but a delightful twist and unexpected surprise up close. I squealed when I saw them.
Perhaps the most fun of all was creating the layered rainforest vibe for the reception. Elevated centerpieces were dripping with ferns, luscious mixed greenery, and wispy tendrils of plumosa fern kissed with a teal tint. Teal is a color not readily found in the natural flower world, so giving the fern a boost of color enhancement was just the right amount of intervention to keep the pieces on target for this look.
When it comes down to it, we all know what matters most is getting married to your person; but as you search for florists and other vendors, find people who are also excited about your day, who share in your vision, and someone who you can trust. – Ally
The Cooperage Wedding Vendors:
- Venue – The Cooperage Milwaukee @cooperagemke
- Photographer- Hannah Toldt Photography @hannahtoldt
- Florals- Atmospheric Floral @atmosphericfloral
- Planner – Midwestern Bride (Alex) @midwesternbride
- Makeup – Glam Gals Hair & Makeup @glamgalswi
- Hair – Impressions ( Molly @mollydoeshair.mke) and @glamgalswi
- Cake- Craig’s Cake Shop (Verona, WI)
- Rehearsal Dinner – Oak Barrel
- Invitations- Paper Source
- Bride’s Gown- Sarah Seven from Strike Bridal Bar in Milwaukee, WI
- Bridesmaids’ Gowns – Revelry (x2), Reformation, Lulu’s, and Show Me Your Mumu). The Bride sent the bridesmaids a color palate and they got to pick the dress (including style and fabric) from where they wanted.
- Formalware – Bjorn’s Clothing (Kenosha, WI)
- Music / Photo Booth – Kidron Music
- Jewelry – Cival Collective (bracelets)
Olive & Piper (earrings and hairpiece)